Welcome to More Vietnamese. Where you should start learning Vietnamese depends on what you’re looking for.
I’m just curious about Vietnamese
Maybe you have questions about the Vietnamese language, like why do some Vietnamese words have two accent marks? Head to the FAQs to learn more.
Or perhaps you just want to find out more about the Vietnamese language and culture.
I want to learn Vietnamese. How do I get started?
You can get a taste of Vietnamese online. How & Where to start learning Vietnamese as an absolute beginner.
If you’ve already learnt the basics and you’re looking for materials to practice with, there’s a more extensive list on our resources page.
If you happen to be in Saigon, these free classes could be a great way to started.
I know some Vietnamese but I want to improve
You could start with one of these articles:
- Learn to pronounce different sounds like ng or generally improve your pronunciation.
- Find easy, graded materials to read.
- Find out how to type Vietnamese on your computer.
- Learn to read Vietnamese (handy if you’re new or if you’re a capable speaker who’s never studied reading/writing)
- Find out about a Vietnamese language proficiency test.
- Improve your writing or write more often.
- Find more materials so you can learn, read or watch Vietnamese online.
- Find a language exchange partner or tutor.